Wednesday 27 April 2011

There's No Breeze Today... Just a Facebook Faceslap!

Ahhh...  it's been a shitty day, my husband lost our children today!!!!
 
Do I want to strangle him, cry, scream, panic or simply give him a "Facebook Faceslap"? 
 
(Please note: Facebook Faceslap is something in my mind that I've created as sometimes people on Facebook need a good slap across the face so that they wakeup to themselves and I'm just waiting for some genius to create the Facebook Faceslap Button) and in this instance and good "Facebook Faceslap" is well needed!
 
AHHHHH! BLOODY IDOT!!!!  He went to get them from school and then messaged me to say they had gone to a friends house after school, he came back hours later and I said "haven't you gone and got the girls yet?"
 
He's like "no I'll get them soon". So at 5.10pm he leaves... 6.30pm he gets home without them. I said to him "where are the girls?" He says, "ahh I forgot the street address where they've gone". 
 
He did not know the name of these people, he didn't no the childs name or even if it was Miss7 or Miss5 friend that they were with.  They have never been to their house before.  I don't know anything about them and nor did he.
 
Our children were now missing and we didn't know where they were.  So we had to wait... and wait.... I called a teacher that I knew but there was no answer.  I tried calling the school to see if perhaps someone might answer and may be able to work out who my children might be with.  By this stage I was over cooking dinner and over there being no "floating breeze" today, as I was no longer floating I was just numb.
 
Finally, the people who had my children looked us up in the phone book as Miss5 knew we lived on "xx Road" and thankfully our phone number is not private.  Ah'ha.... the # 1 reason not to have a silent phone number.
 
My husband then started having a go at me about something else, Oh and I went off!!!! I said "That does not compare. They are our children and we have a responsibility to protect and provide for them and you have NOT done that!" I told him that "you do not let your children go some place that you have no idea where it is or even the peoples names".  He didn't even know what suburb it was, thus putting their lives in danger as we had no idea who our children were with or what kind of people they were.  I can not believe he did that.  
 
I've had to have a chat with Miss7 & Miss5 to explain that even though this was not their fault, that in future if they are going to someones house no matter who it is, the adults must write down all the details for the child and for the adult to take, so that everyone knows where to be found.  
 
I have no idea what happened to our rule about our children 'not going to peoples houses that we don't know or haven't met / been to their house'.
 
So now I'm off to click that so called "Facebook Faceslap Button" as tomorrow will be a new day and I think I'd rather be 'Simply Floating' then numb.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment